20 April, 2017

Who Inspires You?

Right now, the person who comes to mind is Jenny Lawson, aka The Bloggess. Not just because of her writing, which I love.

As someone who suffers from depression, I admire her getting out of bed and functioning, and sharing her journey! I'm not brave enough to share mine. I don't talk about it. So reading her struggles, which are truly greater than mine. Helps.

I follow her on twitter, and every now and then, seemingly out of the blue, she tweets something like, "Hang on. You are needed. You are loved." Or words like that which can actually be the most positive point in my day!

Of course, if you've read her blog or her books, you know she is laugh-out-loud funny, too. There is light and darkness in this woman, and I love her for all of it.

Short post today because very little sleep last night.
I'm counting this short post an achievement.

4 comments:

  1. She really is amazing. She could absolutely decide to mentally crawl into a deep dark hole and no one could fault her for it. Instead, she inspires and fights. Erry damn day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And now the rest of us don't feel as alone when we're there. It helps.

      Delete
  2. I will check out her blog. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend checking out the comments on most of her posts. She uses comment-luv so I've found many new blogs through her... including my husband's!

      Delete

I enjoy a good debate. Feel free to shake things up. Tell me I'm wrong. Ask me why I have such a weird opinion. ...or, just laugh and tell how this relates to you and your life.