04 December, 2018

Vacation Within a Vacation

My sister is visiting at the end of the week!

Brett just began his two week vacation from teaching. The first part of his vacation includes writing, movies, and game-time (he finally connected the XBox), while the second part will be possibly overrun with estrogen and my familial quirks. 

Just today, we were talking to her, and I said I had it on good authority that I'm better at packing than she is, and after dissecting that a bit, she declared that we are both better than our other sister. Brett tried to interject "It's not a competition," to which we both laughed. It's like he hasn't met my family! We have a lot of similar habits and attitudes, so I hope we don't drive him too crazy!

I have a list of things I want to do before she arrives, including renting bicycles for us and fixing up the guest room a little better, and of course cleaning. So far, the wall hanging is up in the guest room:
I mean, the bed isn't made yet. I'll do that closer to her arrival. I have new sheets and everything. 

In addition to a list of things to do before she arrives, we - she and I - have compiled a list of things to do while she's here. Sunny days will take us further afield:
2 of 3 Chien Dan Towers
Cham Islands
Chien Dan Towers
"The Forbidden City" in Hue
Bana Hills

With the rainy season is upon us, we have plenty of things to do here in Hoi An, too:
Have "something" made in silk (or leather)
Japanese Bridge
Christmas shopping
Japanese bridge
Visit a Temple (or two, or three, or 45)
Go to a spa
 
Some things she doesn't know are options for rainy days:
Cooking class
Mask painting
Lantern making
Coffee shops

(All links and pictures are from Wikipedia or Wikitravel.)

So... After slacking on my blog for NaNoWriMo in November, I am about to be a slacker again, starting on the 8th. But I'll have a lot to say again after she leaves!

6 comments:

  1. So nice to have a visit from family. I hope you have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is actually the first visit we've had from anyone since moving overseas. Pretty exciting.

      Vietnam is easier and cheaper to get a visa for than China.

      Delete
  2. Ben Franklin said "Houseguests, like fish, stink after three days," but that saying probably goes over very differently in a county where fish is regularly preserved.
    Anyway I hope it's a nice visit and the Golden Bridge in Bana Hills looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Fortunately, I get along well with this sister. It rained most days, and I decided that was God making sure I didn't kill her. I'm used to walking everywhere, and I'm used to the humidity. She melted and had sore feet every day we went on an excursion. So the rain forced us to rest some.

      She wanted a rest anyway. She's working and going to grad school, so she really just needed a break.

      Delete

I enjoy a good debate. Feel free to shake things up. Tell me I'm wrong. Ask me why I have such a weird opinion. ...or, just laugh and tell how this relates to you and your life.