28 March, 2020

Blogging from A to Z in April - Theme?

I'm late to the game, but I'm in.

I missed the big "theme reveal" day, but that's okay. It will vary from day-to-day.

When I first thought I might do this again this year, I thought it would be a good way to write out my grief. (Anyone new to this blog, this will be elaborated during the month. Or catch up in these two posts: Sept and January.) Then Covid-19 came. I mean, living in Vietnam, I've already been in the Covid game for a while. But it finally arrived in the US, and so more of my friends and family members are - slowly, so so slowly - beginning to realize this is a SERIOUS DISEASE. So now that they have opened that conversation, it's a little easier to talk about.

I expect my #AtoZChallenge will be part grief and death, part Covid-19 observations.

I hope these posts will be full of hope and light, and healing. For myself, and for anyone who chooses to read them.

Is that a theme? Maybe "Light In the Darkness"? But I have doubts about my ability to keep the snarkiness out of my tone. We shall see!

8 comments:

  1. Oh, be snarky. Nothing wrong with that. In the US we're so used to these things not touching us that this is a scary wake up call.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. And I always used to pooh-pooh any numbers coming from China about disasters, knowing that the government fakes them. Now the US is doing the same thing! (I mean, I understand that if someone wasn't officially tested for the disease, they can't officially say that's what caused the death, but tomato-tomahto.)

      Delete
  2. Its really scary.. an unseen enemy.. There has to be light at the end of the dark tunnel.. hope is what we need now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a light, but it is a very long tunnel. Don't lose heart! The good news is, we are truly ALL in this together.

      Delete
  3. I'll be sure to come back and visit - and I'm looking forward to the snarkiness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! You're the second one to say that! Guess people don't want gentle these days.

      Delete
  4. Looking forward to seeing what you have to say. This is crazy times, for sure.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy a good debate. Feel free to shake things up. Tell me I'm wrong. Ask me why I have such a weird opinion. ...or, just laugh and tell how this relates to you and your life.