05 July, 2022

Tuesday Titles: Stranger Things

Have you watched Stranger Things on Netflix? Wildly popular.


 

I watched season 1, and really enjoyed it. My horror-movie-buff husband has gotten me into these kind of "strange" shows.

Season 2 was clearly written on the hype from season 1. Slightly less shock-and-awe, IMHO.

Season 3 lost me somewhere along the line. 

When season 4 came out, I told Brett, "You can watch that without me." We have a few shows that we watch together - wait for each other to be available and in the mood, etc. - and we each have shows that we can watch when the other is otherwise occupied. It works for us.

What you must understand is that my desk is in our open plan kitchen/dining/living area. So when he's watching TV during the day, 9 times out of 10 my headphones are on to ignore it. But I've also gotten into  the Pomodoro technique, which means getting up and taking a break every 25-30 minutes. So during my breaks and pacing the living area, I've caught bits of Season 4. Looks intriguing.

The other day Brett informed me that Season 4 is a million times* better than Season 3, the season which put me off the series. 

*hyperbole. I don't remember if he used any number, but he liked it better so far.

So today, when he watched season 4, episode 5, I sat with him from beginning to end. And now, while he works in the evenings I play catch up.

But each episode is over an hour long! Good grief. How do people watch so much TV these days?

6 comments:

  1. I didn't have Netflix when this started, so I haven't seen any of it yet. I don't like horror, but I do like sci fi, so this might be okay for me. I'm not sure yet. It's on my maybe list for when I'm in the mood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first season will be a good gauge for if it's your style. Sci-fi, sure, but more suspense and "creepy" than any horror. Plus, good 80s nostalgia!

      Delete
  2. I just finished it tonight. The last episode started and I was thinking, cool, I'll be done around 9:30. Nope, last episode is a movie, 2 hrs and 22 min if memory serves. Not sure why they didn't just divide that into 2 episodes but whatever. I agree, much better than the last couple. My wife bailed on this season as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've caught up on this season, and we'll watch the last few episodes together. I noticed they're all over an hour. Mini-movie length, at least. Thanks for the heads up about the last episode!

      Delete
  3. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this show. Even if season five sucks from the very beginning, I have too much time invested to bail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having now re-binged the whole thing, me too.

      Delete

I enjoy a good debate. Feel free to shake things up. Tell me I'm wrong. Ask me why I have such a weird opinion. ...or, just laugh and tell how this relates to you and your life.