06 June, 2012

Kreativ-ity Counts!

Wow! Apparently I am a:


...Because I've been granted the award! Thank you to Ken-Inatractor for his consideration. Ken's blog is awesome, so you should go check it out. He covers every topic you can imagine. (not just tractors) "At 6 miles per hour, sometimes your mind wanders."

Thank you also to Michael DAgostino of The World As I See It, who also thought I deserve this award. I already had him in my list to nominate him, so I'll leave him in my list. We must have something in common, to recommend each other!

And most recently my dear east-coast friend Misty of Misty's Laws felt the same. I must be doing something right. Misty is awesomely snarky in her take on the world around her, and as a lawyer she gets a front row view! 

THE RULES:
  1. Thank and link back to the awarding blog.
  2. Answer seven questions. (Misty's version had 10 questions, but I like 7. I'm swapping some of the lame ones and keeping the best of the 10 she had.)
  3. Provide 10 random factoids about yourself.
  4. Hand the award on to 7 deserving others.
THE 7 QUESTIONS:
Yeah...dessert with a touch of danger.
1. What is your favorite song? It changes all the time. I rarely know much current or trendy stuff. Lately "Birdhouse in Your Soul" by TMBG runs through my head a lot.
2. What is your favorite dessert? Creme Brulee. I will always order it if it's on the menu. (actually, the question originally said "desert" . For that I'd have to say "The Sonoran Desert" because it makes me think "sonorous" which is an excellent adjective.)
3. What do you do when you are upset? I shut down. This isn't a silent treatment thing...it's just my defence against saying something I'll regret later. So if you see me shut down, just keep going with whatever is happening and ignore me. I'll come around.
4. Which is your favorite pet? Reptiles and amphibians are the coolest. I had a Dragon Amigus (a very cool lizard) once. And I caught a snake on my uncle's farm when I was in high school.
5. What is your guilty pleasure? This blog. Since nobody knows about it in my life, it makes me feel all sneaky/ninja-like to keep it going in the presence of others!
6. What is perfection? A day spent in the company of Brett, The Transformed Non-Conformist. (Can I get an "Awww..."?) 
7. What is your attitude mostly? Mostly positive. Which is probably why people are shocked when I'm in an.... angry upset alternative mood.

THE 10 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME:
(FYI, Ken, it was really hard to come up with 10 MORE random things, beyond the 100 I'm collecting for my upcoming 100th post!)
This isn't me, but it's
a reasonablefacsimile.
1. When I was little (think 5yo) I'd hide at the time in the afternoon when my 3 older siblings were coming home from school. My heart would pound so fast and loudly in my ears as I waited for someone to find me - it was scary and exhilirating. I'd about jump out of my skin if I was found. If I wasn't found, they may not have been looking, but I would triumph in my ability to successfully hide.
2. If possible, I prefer not to wear shoes.
3. If possible, I prefer to wear jeans.
4. When offered a choice of iced tea or lemonade, I'll usually take lemonade: given a choice of lemonade or grape kool-aid I'll definitely take the purple stuff!
5. I love the Muppets (and Fraggle Rock).
6. In this order (usually): vanilla, strawberry, chocolate. When I was younger the first 2 were reversed.
7. Chocolate (my last choice) moves up in the list if peanut butter - or nuts, or coconut - has been added.
8. I should have been a geologist. I love rocks and soil.
9. When I was in 3rd grade, a friend of mine broke her leg and she was on crutches for what seemed like EVER. I was totally jealous. I've never broken a bone.
10. I have never lost a limb to a shark. (Believe it or not, this was an issue last month.)

THE 7 DESERVING BLOGGERS YOU SHOULD TOTALLY CHECK OUT:

Catherine, ex oh mwah! at Rainbows and Unicorns. She doesn't write about Rainows and Unicorns. I think that's a ruse to attract little kiddies. She's a brilliant Aussie teenager, who is funny and topical! (She may have already said she doesn't participate in awards, but I'm sending it to her anyway!)

Rusty at Swinging Like a Rusty Gate. He doesn't post nearly as often as he should, because he's an entertaining read, but for that very reason you don't want to miss a single post! I love him, even though he prefers Nutella to Peanut-butter, poor misguided soul. (He's already gotten this award, but maybe he can re-direct us to his earlier Kreativ post.)

Michael at The World as I See It. Another funny guy putting his view out there for us to chime in. AND he's smart enough to know peanut-butter beats Nutella. Of course, since he decided to award this to me while his name was sitting here in my draft, I don't expect him to re-do it, but you should check him out anyway.

Sweety Darlin (I don't know her name) at Sweety Darlin Designs. She has a variety of subjects, and is very creative, so definitely deserves this award. You will also see her comments all over the blogosphere, so should check her out so you know where she's coming from.

Josie of Josie Two Shoes. She is all over the blogosphere, and you're probably already familiar with her. Josie certainly doesn't need a plug from me, but she is so insightful I love reading what she has to say, and think you might need to check her out!

Good Youngman Brown. He has divulged his name, but I'll leave it to you to find it in his archives. He's another you've probably read before, so you must already know that he's an awesome writer. He probably puts more thought and effort into each of his posts than most of us. You won't regret following him!

DWei, over at I Am Such a Derp. A Canadian college student, his struggles are just like the rest of ours. He's another one with so many followers he doesn't really need an award, but again, I am furiously pushing the blogs I visit regularly. It's never bad to see good writing!

~~~
Sorry it took me so long to get this out to you! Please note that I actually referred you to 8 blogs, including my link to Brett in question 6. Over-achiever, that's me.

27 comments:

  1. Congratulations Red!

    Awww! The answer to number 6 is melting the hearts of the blogosphere :)

    That's a mighty fine selection of blogs you have nominated...

    What what what!? You nominated me!? All this ego is going straight to my head

    Thanks :D

    But look who's talking about not posting enough, your public yearns for more information about your secret life with Brett, and your posting rate has been reduced to half since your move. :p

    I do want to post more often, but I genuinely prefer to read other blogs. Especially ones with a good mix of events, opinions, and a continuing narrative. Such as yourself Red

    I will try and up my output, say about 3 a month from now on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to flagrantly blame Brett for my reduced posting. Since I'm spending at least 1 day a week with him, and usually about an hour a night with him on the phone...

      p.s. we're going to try the peanut-butter cookies with nutella thing tomorrow. Wonder if I can work it into an entire post. Hm...

      Delete
    2. I think you should, join the houses like Romeo and Juliet could never do

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on the award :)

    I think you should have doubled the blogs that you're giving it to since you received the award twice ;-)

    Did you change number six from fear to perfection? Or did you receive a different version of the award? I much prefer the perfection question! I have fears in my life but they aren't something I want to think or talk about.

    I loved the fact about you hiding as a child lol... that was just so cute! WHY are children so awesome???? I just can't get over them! Wouldn't it be great if you could do the same thing now and be filled with the same excitement? Well, not sure how everyone would feel about it, but I would love it :)

    I love the Muppets too. If you haven't seen it yet, you should check out the Muppets performing "Stand By Me" on youtube. Really cracks me up!

    And I promise this is the last question lol - it's about your jeans preference - do you wear skirts at all? Or maybe only for dressing up?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goodness!! I forgot to say "Awwwwwww.......!" I said it of course - but I just forgot to type it!

      Delete
    2. Dude! It took me almost a week to compose this one - I'd still be working on it if I had to recommend even more. Here's a recommendation to the world: peruse my blogroll. :)

      Question 6 was one of the 10 on Misty's version. I think I changed 2 of the original 7 questions I was sent, but incorporating some of the 10 from Misty.

      I wear skirts when they're called for. During the summer I'd be more likely to wear them at work...cooler, you know. But even as a kid I'd fight my mom over every skirt or dress she wanted me to wear.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on an award well deserved... especially after that recent very creative photoshoot with Brett! :-) I loved your tale of waiting in hiding for your siblings to return home. Ahh, to return to days of such innocence, huh?! A definite awwwwww is in order on #6. I can testify that love is indeed to be found on the Internet! Now I can't wait to see the 100 facts list you're working on. I know it's going to be a fun read! Thank you so much for nominating me for this award! My blog topics are pretty much all over the place... the obvious result of scrambled brain waves! :-) I'm glad you enjoy them. I'll be working on this post tonight... for now, it's back to the business of life in a law office. Hump day is upon us, hallelujah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly why I thought the award suits you. In my view, "creative" means that a blog covers a variety of subjects, not all one theme.

      Delete
  4. I hadn't even considered that doing this list would increase you're random things list to 110! sorry about that. That's the reason i can't do 100 random things for my 100th post, i had trouble coming up with the 10!

    The desert/dessert thing is probably my fault, my spelling leaves something to be desired.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I was happily assuming that you did what I did, and just cut and pasted the questions into your post. You are welcome to join me in my assumption!

      Actually, my "100 random things" aren't going to be as random as these 10 are. It found it easier to theme it up.

      Delete
  5. HOLY CRAPTASTIC BATMAN!?!?! YOU NOMINATED ME?!?!?!?

    Thank you Thank you Thank you!

    I am just stupefied!

    You seriously deserve it as well! I love your blog, and love to see what happens next with some random guy on the web. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome. We love your stuff. Can't wait to see what you post next.

      Delete
  6. Congrats!!!!! I'll make sure to check out the aforementioned blogs, even if you and I may be mortal enemies on the whole "lemonade vs grape kool-aid" thing... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, there is one kind of lemonade that still trumps grape kool-aid. I've had it twice, and it's SO fresh-made and full of real lemons. They called it "Mississippi River Water" and it was delicious.

      Are we friends again?

      Delete
  7. Just to be different from everyone,

    CONGRATULATIONS!

    And holy crap, you nominated me! You're right, I schedual posts beforehand and don't post any awards, buuuut I really appreciate getting nominated anyway!

    And you're right, its all a ruse, I suck in little kids with promises of magical sparkles and cake and then I destroy them with sexual-ness. Its awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I have fun reading your blog, so even though you don't participate, want everyone else to share the joy! (and rainbows and unicorns)

      Delete
  8. Lame? LAME?? Who are you calling lame??? ;)

    I hadn't seen the others with only 7. I just copied mine from the person who gave it to me, and there were 10. I thought they were mostly ok. Which ones did you find to be lame? Yes, I could go back to my blog and look, but I'm WAY too lazy for all that now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not YOU! Just a couple questions...you didn't make them up anyway, so I picked the good ones!

      I didn't want to address fear - HA! no joke.
      And the white vs. wheat questions even you struggled with, admit it. :)

      Delete
  9. I will say AWWWWWW also. I like the answer to #6 as well.

    Birdhouse in Your Soul was playing on the stereo in the truck sitting in the parking lot outside Indianapolis last week. Still don't know if someone was in that truck, but that song was playing.

    Positive attitude here most of the time too. Probably why we spend so much tome laughing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you are there, so you know.

      ...if either of us was a grump, getting stranded at Casey's would have been a trial instead of just one moment of a perfect day.

      Delete
  10. Congratulations on the award, and I absolutely love your idea of perfection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I don't know how I would have answered that 6 months ago.

      Delete
  11. Awwww, I loved the Muppets and Fraggle Rock too. Oh yeah, Awwww on that other thing to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeff! I'm amazed how much I keep hearing about couples who met through the internet, with or without intentionally looking for each other!

      Delete
    2. I think it happens all the time now. It's not like it was where it was frowned upon. I think it's a lot more acceptable and I find all kinds of people looking for love on the internet.

      Delete
  12. I just discovered this now, I missed it when it first came out :P. I won't do it again, but I'll still add it to my awards list. Thanks for the reference!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Peanut butter post is coming up.

      Delete

I enjoy a good debate. Feel free to shake things up. Tell me I'm wrong. Ask me why I have such a weird opinion. ...or, just laugh and tell how this relates to you and your life.