21 July, 2026

Re-Activating, Plus...CATS!

I'm Reopening the Blog!

🌟wild cheers and applause in my head🌟
actual, startling silence throughout the universe

Today is mostly... practice? Recalibration? Declaring my intentions to the internet? Screaming into the void? I have ideas (besides just Fiction Friday). More importantly, I have the itch to write again.

Also, the cast has expanded: There are cats. 😻🙀

In an effort to make this blog more accurately reflect the notoriously anal-retentive (Gen X represent!) organizational state of my life, there will be... structure.

aggressively smacks wire hanger against palm

If there's still anyone out there, I'd love to hear what you think.

Monday Coffee Klatch

On my free mornings, I usually end up in a coffee shop with my Kindle, so Monday seems like the natural day to ramble about reading. It could be a review, an excerpt I loved, something that annoyed me, or just whatever rabbit hole the book sent me down. (Disclaimer: Spoilers are entirely possible.)

Mostly, I need people to talk books with. My poor husband is the only available victim, and I can't get too deep into a discussion because I might spoil a book he may, conceivably, someday decide to read.

Any readers out there? You could become my sounding board.

Wednesday Poetry Corner

Last winter, during Hoi An's record-breaking rainy season, I started writing what I called "rainy day haiku," mostly as a way to preserve my sanity. (Or at least my temper.) Surprise! That 5-7-5 rhythm got into my head, and never left.
(This might also become a place to share poems I enjoy. We'll see.)

That said... this one's a solid maybe. I'm not historically much of a poetry person, so I reserve the right to discover that I've overestimated my commitment.

Fiction Friday

Business as usual. You give me writing prompts. I turn them into something unexpected. Honestly, this is the part I'm most excited about.

Notes to the Wary

Beaker (ginger) and Miefen
My commenting system was irretrievably jacked up before. I haven't tested it lately, so I can't promise I'll be able to reply to comments—or even comment back on your blogs if you leave a link. I will come visit. I just might have to lurk.

And naturally, any of these regularly scheduled programs may be pre-empted by life, travel, or feline intervention.


 Anyway...

The blog is open again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy a good debate. Feel free to shake things up. Tell me I'm wrong. Ask me why I have such a weird opinion. ...or, just laugh and tell how this relates to you and your life.