Ocean waves roar in.
Clouds wring water from above.
Nowhere dry between.
![]() |
| Clouds in Mui Ne, where I now live. |
Last winter, I lived through the wettest rainy season Hoi An had seen since 1964. November 2025 rewrote the record books.
I usually love tropical storms. But after weeks without seeing blue sky, when even your plastic poncho never gets a chance to dry, the novelty wears off. 🌂
Then, somewhere in all that rain, I caught myself saying, "Rain, rain, go away, come again another day..." and realized it's basically the start of a haiku. From then on, every rainy day got its own little 3-line poem. Sometimes I'd try to capture the mood with a photo (if I could do it from indoors without sacrificing my phone). Other times, I'd create an image to match the poem.
Ironically, as soon as Hoi An's rainy season ended, I moved south... just in time for this region's rainy season to begin.💧 The rain here still means business; it just doesn't overstay its welcome. And living on a hill means no flooding.
So, welcome to my little Poetry Corner. Whenever the clouds roll in, they may leave three little lines in their wake. And if the weather inspires you, I'd love to read yours in the comments!

No comments:
Post a Comment
I enjoy a good debate. Feel free to shake things up. Tell me I'm wrong. Ask me why I have such a weird opinion. ...or, just laugh and tell how this relates to you and your life.