29 July, 2012

I'm...Sweet?? Must Be a Parallel Universe

What, me? Really?
That most famous of all Canadians Ken, known to most of you as Ken-inatractor has seen fit to bestow on me this new blog award:

That's a whole lotta sweet, dudes!
I would like to expound on how un-sweet I am, and explain that as a talented actress (and a P.K.*) I do a good job of playing the "sweet" part when that is the best persona to project. BUT...I realize Ken is not trying to imply that I am sweet, just that my blog is. Hmm...


*P.K., for those not in the know, means "Pastor's Kid". It means that I'm used to putting on my Sunday manners and showing my "good girl" side in random public.


How did this happen? This blog was meant to be a secret outlet for all my nerdiness! When I started waxing poetic in real life about Yoda and the Force, I could stop annoying those around me and come here to share with like-minded nerds. When I made random references to Warp Drives, Bones, Spock and the gang, and started saying things like "Beam me up", I could transfer it to this community. If I suddenly realized I had corrected someone's grammar one too many times, I could take that over here! This blog was going to have a lot of nerdification in the forms of Star Wars, Star Trek, books, and grammar deconstruction.


Where did I go wrong? How did this blog go all sweet on me? Is it over-ripe?


Oh wait, I know. I inadvertently fell in love with that wildly popular Transformed Non-Conformist, Brett. (Ken also bestowed this award to him. Coincidence? Nah. The Force.)

>sigh<
So I've gone sweet. It happens all the time.


Intentional or not, "Doesn't Speak Klingon" has been deemed an sweet Irresistibly Sweet  Blog, which means I have some important things to do here! The rules for this award are to list 7 random facts about yourself and pass it on to 10 other bloggers. Easy Peasey. (Please don't be offended if I call your blog sweet. Focus on the Irresistible.)


Since I'm positive the sweetest thing about this blog is my relationship with Brett, and because I don't post about us very often, I will post random facts about "us".


Seven Random Facts (For more random facts, see my 100th post):
1. We were both perfectly happy single people. Perfectly willing to remain so. TRUE FACT!
2. Brett claims to have "no game" and yet when we are out, he is by far the more socially adept of the two of us. TRUE FACT!
3. Two pictures of our wildlife hunt that I just couldn't fit into my post about our day in Indianapolis:
It's a Blue-shirted Cattail Hunter!

The elusive Rock-climbing Tree Monkey


4. I want to brag about him all the time. In the "nyanee-nyanee-boo-boo" way, showing off that I won first prize in the contest of life. ...Or is it bragging about myself to do that? (What a witty guy like Brett is doing with a dork like me I will never understand.)
5. On our first date, (read this one) the historical interpreter giving us the tour brought out a slate and a "slate pencil" and offered them to Brett to try writing on the slate. This was his message:


Didn't even stop and think. His is an instant wit.
6. No, Brett was not my reason for moving to the midwest. If he had been the cause, I wouldn't have stopped 150 miles short. TRUE FACT! ...but I consider him my Bonus for doing the right thing and moving closer to family.


7. I still have the card that came with the flowers. (If you haven't read that story on Brett's blog, you should. It's some great writing and a fun, "sweet" story.)




And now my Irresistibly Sweet bloggers:
(Some of us don't get out and explore the blogosphere enough to find new sweetness! I'll do my best.)
Lovely Simulacrum
Funny or Tragic
Sweety Darlin' (It's in her title!)
A Holly With Follies (always "irresistible", sometimes "sweet")
Jenny of The Internal Struggle - I just found her - or rather, she found me.
Thoughts Appear (Her posts are short and sweet. If I'm pressed for time, I can just stop here.)
Amanda at Tall Tales and Short Stories (She can be pretty random, which I love.) 
Life at 30 Feet (If you read nothing else, read how she wound up where she is.)
Josie Two Shoes


Ken, in thanks for this delicious award, I present to you this picture of genuine Indiana redneck lawn-art...

Every time I see a tractor, I think of you, Ken!


28 comments:

  1. You are so very deserving of the award Red.

    You saw what I did there, giving the award to Brett as well, I'm kind of like yoda, that way.

    Actually, I've driven a tractor quite like the one on the right. No cab though. We have a few of those lawn ornaments around here as well. Except old, retired farmers keep snatching them up to restore in the winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a lot of these lawn ornaments, but I think this set is the most artfully arranged that I've seen.

      Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Congrats!!!! I know you try very hard not to be sweet, but I guess you just can't help yourself :)

    Thanks for passing it on, I totally will participate! And... now, thanks to you, I've discovered that something was all jacked up with my feed. After some cursing and breakneck-Googling, I think I've fixed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good! - I'll have to get in and catch up on your summer!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Yours is one of the blogs I read most faithfully, Holly. I love that ongoing saga of your farm and your hilarious take on it.
      Congrats!

      (I just want to share you with the world!)

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on the award! You two are just so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so much sweeter with Brett around, it's just sick. ;)

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much! :) And congratulations to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I don't comment much, but I'm out there...
      And thank you.

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your award, you certainly deserve it! I love your blog, and it brings me great joy to read about you and Brett. What can I say? I love a good love story:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We'll be coming out with "The Story of Us" in... well, whenever we figure out the ending!

      Delete
  8. A most deightful post! Nothing makes me smile more than following the sweet story of your relationship with Brett. I believe in love, and it's wonderful when it catches us unaware! Some things are meant to be, and it looks like this is one of them, just like my relationship with my beloved Papa Bear... going on four years now!

    Thank you too for the sweet gift of this award, I appreciate it very much! (Though my cranky post of yesterday would probably have disqualified me :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My last post was pretty negative, too. Can't be helped.

      And I love our story, too. :)

      Delete
  9. That was a very sweet post. I have never thought of myself as a sweet guy, but I do love watching this story unfold as well. More than the people watching on the outside.

    I know that you didn't move to the Midwest for me, but I am so grateful that you did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This has worked out better than I could have ever imagined. Now if I could just get a job!

      Delete
  10. Congratulations on the award! I am also very jealous because I dated a guy for a while who never gave me flowers or a card ever(I actually ASKED and still never got anything) so yeah...I'm thinking you are very lucky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am TOTALLY lucky. Believe me, I know. (and I don't hesitate to let him know I feel that way, too.)

      Delete
  11. I'm glad you posted stuff about you and Brett! Since I've only been reading your blog for a couple months, I've been wondering about him.

    Thanks for the award! I don't mind being called sweet. And is that cake on the award? Is there real cake somewhere too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't that be awesome! That cake looks good, and I'm not a huge cake person. But the frosting...and the berries. Yum. okay, now I'm hungry.

      You're welcome!

      Delete
  12. So I have been terribly behind but little by little getting back into the game. Thank you for the award! (Again) I am so flattered! People think I am sweet? Wow I just don't know what to think about that. Here all these years I was pretty sure that it would be hard to find good things to counter the bad ones when I got to the pearly gates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're behind? I'm just now getting around answering comments! You are so sweet and fun, you deserve it.

      Delete
  13. Congratulations and what a fun way of accepting the award ;) Love all these pictures - I feel like I've missed a lot of the Red and Brett story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've missed a bunch in your travels, but anything we put in print is still here on the web for you to catch up on. Don't worry, Brett and I are rolling merrily along!

      Delete
  14. Congrats on your award and the two of you have such a great story together. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The story keeps getting better and better. I just always wonder how much to tell.

      Delete

I enjoy a good debate. Feel free to shake things up. Tell me I'm wrong. Ask me why I have such a weird opinion. ...or, just laugh and tell how this relates to you and your life.