1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
Well... took my niece horse-back riding in a State Park; heard Beethoven's Fifth Symphony performed live; um... Lots of the same stuff in new locations.
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
According to this, last year I resolved to organize my house - HA! I organized it all right into storage! This year I resolve to post more, starting with at least once a week. ...so far, so good.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Apparently 6 employees at my new job had babies in the past year. I didn't know them at the time, though.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
I recently heard about two deaths from among my Delaware acquaintances. One former employee, and one friend from the theatre. Both getting on in years, neither one terribly shocking.
5. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
Last year I said, "A new job, please." BONUS! For this year? My own residence!
6. What countries did you visit?
No countries this year.
7. What date from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why:Brett and I have several dates to choose from. May 2 is when we met in person, March 21 is the fateful flowers, February 14 he "proposed". I pick any of those. (I was going to list the date I moved, but I can't remember if it was April 28 or 29.)
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Fitting into that bridesmaid dress! >>>
9. What was your biggest failure?
I really had hoped to get back to Delaware for the Polar Bear Plunge this February, but I just can't afford it yet. Pretty bummed about that.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My hot new car! Not fancy, but it suits me. (Pontiac G5...yellow.)
(Not unlike this...)
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
No one. Everyone was an idiot in 2012.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Shooters. Sandyhook, most recently. But EVEN MORESO...the debates that followed. Everyone is so deadlocked on their own side that I am beginning to believe that this country has completely lost all ability to compromise. It's very sad.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Gas to go visit Brett!
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Most trips to see Brett, but I think Thanksgiving was most anticipated. And well worth it!
16. What song will always remind you of 2012?
None, really. Different songs had significance, but I don't think any will make me think - "Oh! That was 2012!"
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier, overall.
ii. thinner or fatter? about the same.
iii. richer or poorer? Poorer. After moving, it took 5 months to find the job I have, and another month+ before the hours picked up.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
With BRETT! Dinner and church on Christmas Eve, and then a big meal/games at his brothers on the 25th.
21. What do you feel you missed out on in 2012?When Brett and I were in Indy in July, we saw that there was a display at one of the major museums that looked interesting. It was going to be there through September, so we decided not to visit yet, since we could always come back. We never got back.
22. Did you fall in love in 2012?
TOTALLY! (But not with the guy I was considering when I did this last year.)
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Being in my parents' house, I didn't get to watch "my" programs much. Hm... Probably The Price Is Right, based on how much I posted about it on FB. (I wasn't working - what do you expect?)
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Not at all.
26. What was the best book you read?
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
No discoveries this year.
28. What did you want and get?
Brett! ...my dream man come to life. (AAAAWWwww...)
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
My impulse is to say "Moonrise Kingdom". Although I love "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel" too. My movie watching fell off near the end of 2012.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
My parents had cake. I don't like doing things for my birthday. Brett very sweetly had no gift for me, and even asked to verify that was what I prefer. Yes. It is.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Getting this job early enough that I could be in my own place by now.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
34. What kept you sane?
My parents have been very supportive and deserve a lot of credit for not stifling me as they could have. ...and my nightly talks with Brett.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
They're all idiots.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Having just survived another election year, I am now totally turned off to all things political. This nation is so polarized now that I want to scream. Seriously, it makes me look at the virtues of a dictatorship: No Arguing!37. Who did you miss?
My friends in Delaware.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Ha! BRETT. (again. Yes, I know I'm a broken record.)
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012:
With the right people around you, any problem isn't a problem.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
“Blue canary in the outlet by the light-switch, who watches over you?” Doesn’t exactly “sum up” the year, but food for thought, no?
The rest of the meme says I should tag some people but isn't the point of a meme that anyone who likes it copies it? Yeah. That.