Today seems to hold quite a random mix of questions! Let's see if I can weave it into anything...
I appreciate someone just telling me what to write today. Between writing projects and now having my Mandarin class this afternoon (Thursday), I just can't think of anything to blog! So this keeps me going. Thanks, Terri!
1. This week is County Fair Week in my old stomping grounds. The Fairfield County (Ohio) Fair holds fond memories for me, especially of the marching band show on the race track, in front of the grandstand, and of 4-H sewing projects. Do you have a memory to share of a county or state fair?
We moved overseas when I was 10, so I don't remember Iowa county fairs, if we ever went. I do remember parades for every holiday, though. Our house was on the main street in town, so we didn't have to go anywhere or reserve spots near the action. Just take our lawn chairs down to the sidewalk and rake in buckets of candy!
2. If animals could talk, which would be the rudest?
Hyenas. They are laughing at everybody!
3. What mythical creature would improve the world most if it existed?
I think Dragons would be most useful. Think about transportation, forest fire-fighting, and the non-flying kind could be useful in farming or industry.
4. What is something that everyone looks stupid doing?Reading a map while out in a new city. Even staring at your phone's GPS, everyone is so focused, but their eyes are so clearly lost. Because if you're looking at a map, you don't know where you are. You can look great and smart as soon as you figure it out, but the only good way to look at a map is sitting in a restaurant out of the public pathways!
5. Is intelligence or wisdom more useful?
From what I'm reading, a lot of people seem to be equating "street smarts" with wisdom, and I disagree. However, I do agree that that is more useful than traditional wisdom. KNOWING THINGS is useful in a day-to-day world. If you have wisdom but ZERO intelligence, how would you navigate the day to and from the market, cooking your meals? You NEED a certain amount of intelligence. Not discounting wisdom, of course it is needed for the complex decisions of life, but you'd be dead before you ever got to a complex decision if all you ever had was wisdom.
6. Tell us something random about the rest of your week!
Random. I'm writing this in the interim between doing my daily writing and preparing for my afternoon Mandarin class. I better wrap this up so I can review the lesson!
Well, I didn't weave it into a narrative or anything. What do you think? Everyone seems to be praising Unicorns, but what can they actually DO besides look pretty?