29 April, 2023

YUCK! - #AtoZChallenge

#AtoZChallenge 2023 badge

YUCK!

Again, as with my "W" post, this is not Biblical flash fiction.

I was trying to write my Y story - on the "Y" day, because I fell behind in my pre-planning, and found myself in the middle of a panic attack over it. Literally.

Yuck. Not worth it.

Now, I am not prone to panic attacks, so curling up on the floor in the corner of the living room on a hot Vietnamese spring day is not something I'm familiar with. I don't wish to do it again. I forfeit.

Then again, it's the "A-to-Z" challenge, not "A-to-Z-and-you-must-not-deviate-from-your-plan" challenge, so writing about the yuckiness of feeling a failure, the yuckiness of my creativity not rising to the spontaneous task I placed in front of it, the yuckiness of not doing what I'd intended, still fits the bill.

Probably, I should just not have signed up this year. I thought, with half of my posts pre-planned, I'd have a lot more time to visit other blogs. But life had other plans. In the first half of the month I was swamped with prepping for a long trip and all the work of CYA for that. Then, in the last half of this April, I've become entangled in a brand new project for my boss, who does not organize herself and her files and her work in a way conducive to easy partnering.

So today is just YUCK!

I'm done. 

Tomorrow's Z post is pre-scheduled. So I'm literally done with this challenge.

2 comments:

  1. So, you win. Yay? This is why my blogging is per normal for A to Z or I wouldn't do it. It's supposed to be fun, so if it's triggering panic attacks, it's not worth the effort. But you made it. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so wise. First time ever for the panic, but definitely eye-opening.

      Delete

I enjoy a good debate. Feel free to shake things up. Tell me I'm wrong. Ask me why I have such a weird opinion. ...or, just laugh and tell how this relates to you and your life.