My sister, Hestia, found me. (She objects to my name choice, by the way, but really, it's based on my perception, as a sibling six years her junior.)
It was bound to happen. I was wondering who would be first. That's what I get for dating the wildly popular, funny, and famous Brett, the Transformed Non-Conformist! Here's how it played out (I think):
- Two weeks ago, Hestia's family were visiting, so I invited Brett to come over for lunch and the afternoon.
- Having finally met him, a few days later Hestia friended Brett on facebook.
- Brett repeatedly posts links to his new posts on his facebook page.
- Hestia is computer savvy, and started reading some of these posts.
- Sometimes Brett links to my blog in his post, which is great, but I'm not sure if it was through a link or through one of my comments that Hestia then connected to Doesn't Speak Klingon.
- Initially, it would seem that, finding my blog - and possibly reading a current post? - she saw the tab ^ for "The Saga..." and went to find out our story in more detail than I had provided in person.
- Brett and I both noticed we were getting new comments from "anonymous" on the posts linked to there, and from the comments it was obvious who was writing them.
I tried denial: "NO! You're using the word 'sis', like guys use 'bro', right?" (Hestia, you may not realize it, but both Brett and I actually reply to comments on our blogs, so if you post a question there, it will be answered.)
Last night, we talked, and she confirmed - in case I needed it - that she found me. She said that after starting with the Saga, she is reading my blog from the beginning, because her brand of OCD (we all have one) insists on going start to finish. She will do the same with Brett's no doubt, once she is more familiar with his particular snarkiness.
She has promised not to out me to anyone else.
She assured me there is no judging going on. (a big reason to be anonymous, no?)
She has, furthermore, offered her editing services for the book version. HA!
So, "Hestia" - If you don't wish to use the alias I have kindly provided, you are welcome to use your own name, just don't use mine. I do not use the real names of anyone I know, because they don't have the opportunity to defend themselves, but now you do. ...and btw, people might not recognize "Hestia" but the alternative, Roman version is "Vesta" and I already know a Vesta. You should really check her out at The Cowardly Feminist in my blogroll. (or right there in that link) Anyway, I couldn't use Vesta. OR...you could pick your own other suitable deity, to use when commenting. Since Anonymous is so...anonymous.
Hestia would make a good blogger, I think. Not just as a "mommy-blog" for a mother of two teens, but based on comments she posts on facebook, she seems to see an interesting cross-section of humanity. ...in the same way that Misty of Misty's Laws sees an interesting cross-section, but Hestia notices the crazy things people say and do more than the crazy things they wear.
Anyway, it's been a whirlwind couple days coming to terms with being "out", and trying to run through my blog in my mind and think of all the questionable things I might have said. Well, if she doesn't want to know it, she doesn't have to read it!