01 May, 2012

Change is In the Air

*sigh*

Well, I'm online again!

Unfortunately, I had another post in draft form that needed some adjusting, but I can't access it because I'm on my Mom's computer (mine is still in the trunk of my car and it's pouring outside. Yeah. Not gonna dodge raindrops for it.) and her computer for some reason doesn't really like Blogger. Since she doesn't know I have a blog, I can't very well ask her to upgrade/download something for the sake of my access to my blog!

Anyway, here I am in Indiana. To answer what I assume are your questions:

1. No, it doesn't feel like home. I've visited my parents too often for it to suddenly be "home". I found myself leaving most everything in their giant "shed" because of course I won't need all that many outfits during the summer, and I'll be moving to my own place soon enough. Even though I have NO IDEA when that will be, or where that will be.

2. I had a delightful stop early in my drive, meeting up with Misty of Misty's Laws (sorry, I can't link on this computer) and we chatted at Arby's and she presented me with a very Baltimore-centric gift of Old Bay seasoning (AWESOME) and Berger's cookies (holy sugar-high). Misty is the sweetest person, very easy to make friends with, and I'm very sad to be leaving her region just after beginning our RL friendship. Fortunately we still have our online friendship!

3. I arrived at 1 a.m. this morning (last night). But it was an easy drive. I LOVE the Interstate Highway system! The single greatest thing about the USA. LOVE it. My car loves it, too.

4. We spent today unloading the truck, delivering my piano to some friends of my parents who will make an offer after getting it tuned and assessed.

5. Tomorrow I'll move the big stuff from my car to the shed, and do some unpacking. Maybe start the job search, too. I don't really know where to begin with that - kind of terrifying.

My mom took the Movie Whore (unbeknownst to her) and myself to see "The Raven" on Saturday after the truck was all loaded. The Movie Whore is looking forward to monopolizing this blog for a few days, because she still hasn't had her say about Mirror Mirror. We both would really like to be able to take the time to download some pictures for both posts, though.

What am I forgetting? I'm really tired. Friday night I got home around midnight from the symphony with Aphrodite; Saturday I got to bed around 12:30 after cleaning the cottage, and last night...obviously.

I'll try to get back to my regular postings, but can't promise anything!

12 comments:

  1. My parents and my sister always ask me when I am coming home next, and I cant bring myself to tell them that it is not home any more. It hasn't felt like it for five years at least.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never actually lived here. They retired here years after I moved to Delaware. The last place I lived with them was outside Chicago.

      I've considered this place "my private retreat in the woods" for years, and usually visited after the insanity of summer at the beach. So now my trick is going to be to NOT get sucked into the normal relaxation mode. :)

      Delete
  2. You loaded and unloaded very quickly. Do you not have as much stuff as you thought you did?

    I'm glad you made it safe. Even happier this big gap has been greatly reduced.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? A much more reasonable distance.

      And I posted a picture of all my stuff on my latest post, which for some reason Blogger is putting on the day I started it: April 28th. I'll have to see if I can fix that.

      Delete
  3. I missed you, Red! It's great to have you back online :-)... and, although I'm sure it wasn't easy, your move sounds like a smooth one. I'll try and wait patiently for you to get settled in - I'm not very good that way, but I'll try!

    By the way, I'm off to the beach tomorrow and will only get back on the 10th - but I'll hopefully be able to check on things every now and then from an Internet cafe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had some great help loading, and we were able to be patient and take lunch break and stuff with unloading. I owe some big thankyous to my friends in Delaware...although I can't find some things I wish I had!

      Well, I hope you're able to get online while you're at the beach. You know "we" like your input!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you! My dad's computer seems to be more Blogger-friendly than my mom's. Maybe I'll get mine up and going and then I'll be on more.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. thank you...it still feels like vacation.

      Delete
  6. Well, I'm glad you had a safe trip. Although a bit later than you planned to arrive, no? I can only imagine that after that fantastic hour of extremely entertaining and enjoyable conversation and milkshakes at Arby's, that the rest of the trip was dank and grey and boring. Right? RIGHT??? ;)

    Your posts are all backwards like. I know you are aware of this, but it's weird and confusing. Get that computer out of the trunk, girl! I await the movie whore's reviews of both movies.

    Welcome "home." Or at least, your now home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our hour together was truly the highlight of the day! ...wait, that sounds faintly erotic...ah well. It's the internet. I'll leave it.

      The problem with that "april 28th" post is that I had tried to post the bottom portion of it using my smartphone on my last night in Delaware...just to stay connected. After I hit post, I realized I had not included the link I needed...and that I couldn't access it. So I reverted it to draft form, but it is remembered as being posted on the original date.

      Delete

I enjoy a good debate. Feel free to shake things up. Tell me I'm wrong. Ask me why I have such a weird opinion. ...or, just laugh and tell how this relates to you and your life.