15 May, 2012

The Blog to End all Blogs - It's In There, I Know it Is!

CAUTION: This blog has no point, and will likely be a rambling one! (You've been warned.)

My blogging has slowed down since my recent relocation to my parents' house in Indiana. I really miss posting 5 or 6 days a week. Obviously, “Red” is not my real name. Recent followers may not have cottoned on to the fact that nobody in my RL (real life) knows that I even have a blog. It is hard to post frequently when I'm living with two relatives who don't know why I might need to be online so much!

I thought about just outting myself to my parents, but you know:

After it's out there, you can Never Take It Back!

So I won't.

I'll keep trying to discreetly write my posts on paper on my own time, send photos to my email to download to my laptop, and combine them in bits and pieces, in between the job search and what my father calls “The Devil's Playground” : facebook.
Facebook is EVIL!!! (so sayeth my father.)
Oh my! A wasp just totally landed on my face and bounced off! ...I'm out on the deck editing this post.
 
I've been thinking about what fun stuff to write, but it's all so new, and random, and humdrum right now, there's not a lot to say! I'm really bummed about that.


Brett recently posted his 100th blog with a list of 100 things about him that are not elsewhere in his blog. (I dare anyone to go through his archives and double check.) I'm coming up on my 100th, and started a list like that, but really don't think I'll do it. It's hard for me to think there could be 100 things that my 18 followers and half-dozen other regular commenters actually want to know!

Blogs I have in me waiting to come out, or partially written:

The story of the china.
Getting lost in the woods.
Something about Red&Brett. (There's stuff to say, but I don't think I know how to say it.)
My definitive work on Skin Cancer. (I'm gonna get it. Just sayin')
My Dad is trying to kill me.
The Avengers or The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel - or both.
Something about where I used to work, now that I'm no longer there.
The micro-brewery I found out about and now have to actually find and tour. ...after I tour it, of course.
Complete my IOU and recommend 4 more blogs.

...Oh. There's SO MUCH in my head. But all this fresh air. And gardening. And parental presence. ...and peace and quiet. Usually what's in my head bursts out - but there's no need right now, because there's nothing to burst through!

In short, dudes, I'm sorry I'm not on the blogosphere very much. I pop into your blogs as I can, but don't always leave comments if I'm on a computer that's not my own, because that means logging in, and that means leaving the address of my blog for one of the 'rents to see.

I feel so deceptive.

I can't wait to have my own place.

33 comments:

  1. Don't worry I don't use my real name either. THe only person that completely doesn't know is the other half. He not only thinks Facebook is the debil he thinks that any online presence at all is Google's way to track you down like the anti-christ and kill you in your sleep.

    Oh and I think he is afraid I might say things about him, which I usually don't since he is strange, and random and my life is crazy even without his input. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, there is a danger of saying things about those who we are close to! Although it's less of a danger if they don't know about it.

      ...but I have a big mouth, so would probably give myself away.

      Delete
  2. I vote for the Something about Red&Brett post. I'm curious what there is to be said.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plus, I'm a little egocentric. Just a little.

      Delete
    2. I'd like to see a film called There's Something About Red starring Cameron Diaz as Red and Ben Stiller as Brett. And maybe Lin Shaye as the Movie Whore.

      Delete
    3. My own reply didn't publish...

      I was going to say that a "little egocentric" sounds like you're Napoleon. And actually "something about Red & Brett" wasn't necessarily a title...

      Delete
    4. I totally think you should accommodate the one you are "smitten" with.

      Delete
    5. And that should DEFINITELY be the title of it.

      Delete
  3. Girl, don't out yourself. A couple of my in-laws decided to check out my blog six months after I started it, and within 24 hours disaster struck.

    And I still don't know why. Incognito is the way to go!

    I'm interested in reading your skin cancer post, I'm probably going to get it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll keep on holding steady on the anonymity!

      And I'll keep working on that post. ;-)

      Delete
  4. I've only recently "come out," and that's because I realized that everything I put on my blog is actually nicer than what my family knows about me in real life. Is that weird? It's a little weird.

    I guess I just can't shock them anymore!

    Are you stuck with the parents until you get a job, or do you have short term plans to find a place sooner? Either way, enjoy the free food and utilities as long as you can stand it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm staying here until I have a full-time job that will allow me to pay things like rent, etc. I'm fortunate to have a great relationship with my parents, so it's not really a hardship.

      ...but I would like my own place.

      Delete
  5. Yeah, I'm thinking you need yourself a job first, and then you can get your own place and blog to your heart's content. Don't you have a laptop or your own computer? Why do you have to use your parent's computers?

    I miss you when you don't blog as often. Come back soon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My laptop is older, and yes, it works, but when I start opening too many windows, it slows down until it gets confused. My mom's laptop is always set up in the breakfast room, so it's easily accessible.

      I'll get a job as quickly as I can so I can get back here more!

      Delete
  6. Keep it a secret. I told all my friends I'd started a blog and they were all very nonchalant about it. I have to stick my post up on Facebook to get any of them to read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a blog years ago, told everyone about it, and very few people who knew me ever commented... but I had to write as if they might see it.

      Yeah. Staying incognito, over here!

      Delete
    2. I only know two people in RL who read my blog. It won't matter in the long run, only people who want to read it will read it

      Delete
  7. Yeah, parents are great. At a distance. I hope you have a place of your own soon, although no one comments on me being online all the time since I am addicted to the internet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I am looking for jobs online, so it's not really the online thing. But my first day here, my mom saw my blog over my shoulder ...all black and stuff... and said "oh! That's a strange-looking website? What are you working on?"

      Also, I feel a sense of guilt about spending too much time on this with no job.

      Delete
  8. I can't help it! I withstood the urge on Brett's post - but now you've gone and dangled a little dare in front of me and it's just impossible for me to let it slide by unnoticed.

    Number 26 on his list of 100 was a repeat. I don't remember what it was right now - but pretty sure the number was 26. I'll double check later. But you know, when these awards are passed around and you have to find five or ten things to say about yourself - that's hard enough. I can almost never manage it. So to attempt 100.... impressive!

    I do miss your more frequent posts - but I'm just happy you're doing what you can for the moment. And I'm very much looking forward to reading them all :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bozo! And thank you for the extra validation of looking that up!

      Delete
  9. Yep, number 26. "Sometimes I wish I was an anonymous blogger. I have many stories I would like to tell, but can't because people that know me read my blog."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...can you site the blog post? Might it have been in a comment elsewhere? Just curious.

      Delete
    2. No, wouldn't be able to do that. I thought it was in a post - but I supposed it could have been in feedback somewhere.

      Delete
  10. You can always write your posts on your own slower laptop in the privacy of your own room at night or early morning, draft them in Word or email or whatever. Then pull them up and post them on your parent's faster one. I love my iPhone for reading other blogs, though commenting takes a bit more effort. But definitely the job comes first, hopefully soon. I loved my parents but living with them more than two weeks was enough to make me consider breaking into the bar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true. I have to shake up my routine sometime. I've gotten into my "vacation" habit of being sociable and usually around upstairs. hmm...they might appreciate me spending more time downstairs!

      Delete
  11. I kind of like the idea of being a covert blogger. Putting together posts right under someone's unsuspecting nose. It has a bit of mystery to it.

    I'm coming up on 100 as well shortly and although i feel like i should do something grand, i haven't a clue as to what.

    Holy Cow, i wish i had a list of unwritten blog ideas ready to go. The only thing in my head is my retaining wall post which i have yet to start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had half a dozen ideas. All time-consuming. At this point, I'm thinking I might just revamp the appearance here... add a page for the Movie Whore and a page for the RedandBrett theme (maybe not that 2nd one - makes it sound too fictional), and re-tag a bunch of posts.

      OR...I might actually come up with the list! - I've got up to 40 so far.

      Delete
  12. I want to know what the Movie Whore has to say about The Avengers

    The sun here is harsh. Both Michael D'Agostino and I are both from Australia, statistically one of us will have a mole removed in our life. Skin cancer post would be interesting and different.

    But the masses want more Red & Brett

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, um... the Movie Whore tagged along to The Avengers with Brett and me. So she only took notes for about the first quarter of the movie. Um... the rest would depend upon my faulty and distracted memory. :D

      Delete
  13. On your 100th post, you will do the same as Brett, yes? Or if you've already done 100 posts, your 200th post etc etc. You will then? Okay? Okay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I could never do it as well as Brett, but I've started a list. We'll see if I do that or some other fun surprise. I'm about 10 posts away.

      Delete

I enjoy a good debate. Feel free to shake things up. Tell me I'm wrong. Ask me why I have such a weird opinion. ...or, just laugh and tell how this relates to you and your life.