22 May, 2012

Allow Me To Explain OR "What Really Happened at The Avengers"

Ah...it's about time.
Methinks the squirrels are communing over the blog-fence.

I understand there's some scuttlebutt going on around the water coolers and fence-walls of the blogosphere. I have often in life found myself being fodder for the rumor-mill. I chalk it up to the fact that I refuse to confirm or deny any gossip I hear. And in that case, people like to believe the worst - or juiciest - whichever.

I would not have thought of this in terms of the internet, though. FYI, I am totally respectful of direct questions, if there's something anyone wants to know. (I'm not wild about people making plans/decisions concerning me, without my input, however.)

(really, they're whispering.)


In this instance, I don't know of any actual rumors or plans happening, but apparently my response to Rusty's comment on this post has raised speculation (seriously, click the link and read the comments.) Okay, maybe I figured it would, but I guess I assumed any further speculation would show in the comments of that post.

Ah well.


Your questions reached me. (Everyone needs Secret Squirrels!)

Allow me to illuminate you!

First, be sure you've looked at that comment and response. Okay... you with me?

Now, when I take the Movie Whore to a movie, she takes notes. (For an introduction to the Move Whore, click here) There's a tiny (2x4?) notepad in my purse that works just fine. When Brett and I went to The Avengers, I pulled out the notepad and a pen, and the Movie Whore started in with her random notes.


Well, movies are anti-social anyway, so if I'm going to sit and not talk with my internet fiance, the least we can do is have physical contact, right? About 1/4 of the way into the movie (maybe 1/3), my right hand was preoccupied with Brett's left ...or more often both.

I can write with my left hand (legibly, if not prettily), but my right hand is still the naturally dominant one. I do not believe I have the manual dexterity to hold down an itty-bitty notepad and write, both with my left hand, in a darkened theater. So the Movie Whore's notes stopped.

Just for clarity, we were not making out like a couple of teenagers. (Do they still do that at the movies? Seems like a waste of money to me.) A) I actually wanted to see the movie and B) The cinema was very full, and we were near the front...surrounded by teenagers and adults alike. I try to behave with discretion in public.

So I can't really fill a whole post about The Avengers. (Sorry, Rusty.) There may be a Movie Whore post forthcoming that incorporates The Avengers, and The Raven, and Best Exotic Marigold Hotel. None of those have good notes. (I saw The Raven in Delaware with my mother the day before moving, and took her to Marigold for Mothers Day.)

I hope that when people want to know things, they will actually ask. Hey, by asking a direct question, you're helping provide inspiration for a new blog post! Don't hide at the internet water-cooler!

21 comments:

  1. And there we have the story lol.... but Red, I think it's not so much that anyone (am I the only one in this?) expected a huge making out story - it's more just playing along with your hint. Asking directly would have been necessary if it had been in seriousness - but, as far as I went, it was more just a fun little conversation with Brett, more to tease him than anything else.

    On another topic, I saw Mirror Mirror yesterday (although a horrible copy) and it was quite good. I loved Julia Roberts in it lol... she did a great job. And the dwarfs were of course really funny too.

    I also watched (I'm stuck at home right now so killing time with movies) the second Sherlock Holmes with Robert Downey Jr and it was excellent. Much better than the first - or so I thought - and Stephen Fry in it was hilarious! Does The Movie Whore have an opinion about this one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, I know. But it gave me a blog post, so that's great!

      Oddly enough, I never saw the first Sherlock, but I did see and enjoy the 2nd, and was told it was better than the first, so yea me!

      Opinion? Well the whole reason I intended to eschew the Robert Downey Jr (who is awesome) Sherlock's is because even from the previews you could tell they were totally non-period ...while pretending to be period. But I saw the second, and it was a lot of fun. So now I have to go back and see the first.

      Delete
    2. It might be hard to watch the first one after seeing the second! Definitely no comparison.

      Delete
    3. Thanks for the hint. I'll put it low on my list.

      Delete
  2. I will sit on the other side, although the movie was good enough, I can't imagine pausing to take notes. Good movie and great company.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I don't pause...just note. ANd I don't think side matters - I need both hands for the notepad and the pen. We can try it sometime though, if we run out of other things to do.

      Delete
  3. Awe, my school girl giggle was all for naught :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can still giggle.

      I'm still being discreet. ;-)

      Delete
  4. ??
    Look at it this way, if people are talking (blogging?) about you, then you are internet famous:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, I'm not worried either way.

      although..."There are certain shades of limelight that can wreck a girl's complexion!" (gotta watch B@T again.)

      Delete
  5. I love that movie! My movies are also extremely anti-social, its the perfect excuse to ignore everyone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my usual m.o.: In Delaware I'd try to hit a matinee after work but before the rates went up, and get a giant popcorn and call it supper.

      Delete
  6. I am completely lost. I was not aware that you were the subject of recent gossip. Then again, I try to avoid water coolers.

    I think people tend to take the wink wink nudge nudge naughty route when it comes to comments, especially with something like this that started online for all to see. I guess people just have to realize that it is a real thing now, and not just an "internet fiance" joke. But people will always be curious and everyone gossips. Be prepared for all that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it's definite "wink wink nudge nudge" time. And without anything "real" to write about - I can't WAIT to be working again - this helps fill in the gaps for people and keep me alive!

      Delete
  7. Gossip?!?! Well I heard that two people I have never met with names that may or may not be their real names are having a fledgling relationship that is somewhat broadcast on the interwebs, and I don't want to speculate about what may or may not be happening since I am only privy to the little nugget details.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're following both my blog and Brett's, you'll know as much as everyone else! I may have to create a page for the pertinent posts, as a lot of people have joined the "story" late.

      Delete
    2. I like that summary. I may use it in a future post.

      Delete
  8. Lol, you are too adorable! Your homework is: make out during a movie WHILE holding hands AND taking notes. That would be truly impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Am I stupid for thinking up until now that you and the Movie Whore were two seperate people?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome!
      No, I'll chalk it up to my gifted writing. :-D
      ...or to my insensitive lack of linking back to appropriate posts.

      the first was in Feb or March...if you click on Star Wars in the tag cloud, it'll come up. I'm going to add a Movie Whore page soon, if you can wait.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I read it. I also read the post about your blog title and I have to say, I like the thought you put into yours more than what I did for mine.

      Also, I liked your rollercoaster suggestion so much I added it into my post.

      Delete

I enjoy a good debate. Feel free to shake things up. Tell me I'm wrong. Ask me why I have such a weird opinion. ...or, just laugh and tell how this relates to you and your life.