26 March, 2012

Leave Me Alone! I’m Blogging!

I feel like I’ve been offline forever, but I realize it was just the weekend. I’ve been a little distracted, and am losing sense of time. I want it to speed up, but need more of it to successfully wrap up my loose ends out here and arrange all the logistical details of actually getting to the Midwest.

…”Let’s do the time warp again!”
...
...
[Doggone it, I’ll have to try to add the video later. This isn’t working.]

I had a good weekend, although I have to say I’m bit too distracted these days to call it a truly productive weekend. But now, on a beautiful sunny Monday morning – after a week of fog – they actually expect me to work! How dare they.

Seriously, I think I mentally checked out before I ever gave notice at my job. Winter is the very downest of down time in my job (or more accurately, in this region), and that’s when I started reading blogs again, and decided to start a new one. And I’ve been sucked in. On top of my two jobs, my theatre-thing (which is now over), and the church-thing. And planning a move. And they expect me to be all responsible and get work done today. Yeesh.

Anyway, I’m going to put forth the required effort at my job, and hopefully have something pithy and clever to post tomorrow.

(… my mood today is best summed up by Queen’s “Another One Bites the Dust”. Sweet.)

Today’s reason to celebrate:
It’s the Otago Anniversary in New Zealand! Apparently this day in 1848 the Otago settlement was begun on the South Island. Cheers, Kiwis!

9 comments:

  1. It's so easy to get drawn into something and then not want to stop (*ahem* blogs) lol...

    So sorry you have to go to work, both for you and for us, but I look forward to tomorrow's post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. Particularly when I keep getting pulled into sidebar discussions in the comment-sections!
      ...distractions indeed.

      Delete
  2. Nice Rocky Horror reference.

    It is especially hard to focus when you don't even want to focus. The distraction is so much more fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could have reccorded the laugh that came out when I read that comment! I almost scared myself!

      Thank you. I wish I could have added a Time Warp link, but they were all lame and not from the movie.

      Delete
  3. Work sucks.

    I haven't done much today, or even yesterday.

    Why ruin it hey? :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen! Unfortunately we're getting ready for our summer season, so it's only going to get busier.

      And then I'll leave.

      Delete
  4. Yay! You don't need to embed the video Red - you can't see me, but I'm doing the Time Warp right now (and my dogs are SO excited!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! I can see your dogs skipping around your feet. Nice.

      Delete
    2. I too Time Warped. It was the best part of my day!

      Delete

I enjoy a good debate. Feel free to shake things up. Tell me I'm wrong. Ask me why I have such a weird opinion. ...or, just laugh and tell how this relates to you and your life.