Gather ‘round, dudes! There’s an award-winner in your midst!
That’s right. Last week the inimitable Bozo awarded me the “3”. Woot-woot!
That means she wants to know more about me. The rules are simple: List 3 things about myself, and award it to 3 more bloggers I want to know more about. Easy-peasey, right?
As I tried to think of 3 things to share, I was startled to find how much I’ve already stated in my blog. So if these 3 things don’t satisfy you, check my archives; there’s a surprising amount in there!
1. First, I feel I should satisfy Bozo’s curiosity about my appearance. (btw, Bozo, I notice that you don’t post photos of yourself either: “Hi, Pot? It’s the Kettle…”) Here goes: I’m tall. Not WNBA tall, but tall for a girl. I’m 5’10”. It’s the most noticeable thing about me, except maybe the hair, which…take a deep breath, people…is a bottle-red. There. It’s out. My natural shade is a sort of dark strawberry blonde that’s getting dull with age, truth be told. Trouble with that color is, anytime I’d do something stupid I’d get an earful of blond jokes. Annoying. So when I was in college I decided that if people were going to stereotype me, I’d help them a bit, and colored my hair to match my attitude. It looks very natural, because there's recessive red in my blood, so I have the right skin-type for it.
2. The 2nd movement of Beethoven’s 7th Symphony stops me dead in my tracks. Always. In fact, I was going to list something else for number 2, but I’m watching “Immortal Beloved” (a movie about Beethoven) as I write this, and the score got to the point where I had to just put down my pen and let the music wash over me. Listen to it once. It’s more haunting than Barber’s Adagio for Strings (most people know the Adagio from the movie “Platoon”) ...>sigh<... Trite as it sounds, I LOVE Beethoven! When I saw his 9th symphony live – HEA-VEN! (A recording doesn't do it justice) – it became the central theme of my Christmas letter that year.
3. I have lived in six U.S. states – in more than one location in most of those – and 3 countries outside the U.S. I’ve seen 47 U.S. states…at least driven through or on a plane stop-over.
Fascinating stuff, yeah? If you think I should have listed something else, please ask a question in the comments.
Now for the 3 bloggers *I* want to know more about:
1. Jeff Laws. Jeff writes a “daddy blog” (would you say that’s accurate?) and he lives in Indiana. He’s totally open about the joys and struggles of fatherhood. As someone who has lived in Indiana (I think) his whole life, I hope he has some familial, Midwestern stories to share. (If you’re new to my blog, I’m moving to Indiana in a month.)
2. Ash-Matic. I can’t sum him up, because clearly he is nuts. (That's a compliment.) I always enjoy his posts and comments - on anyone's blog, so I wish to know more about what makes him tick.
3. Cranky&Difficult. “Cranky&Difficult&anEnigma”, more like. All I know is that he apparently loves history as much as I love geography, and I use his website when my own calendars fail me and I need a new “thing to celebrate”. He has two blogs, and as much as I use his history blog, I have a feeling he found me because of the Movie Whore, because his other blog is movie reviews.
There you have it: My award! …and now, Yours!
Visit these guys, and let me know if I missed a vital point about myself. I’m [usually] happy to oblige.