24 April, 2012

We Pre-empt the Movie Whore...Again! (sorry)

...But I won't pre-empt her for long! I have a Movie Whore posting almost ready to go, so you might get two posts from me today, but suddenly this morning I saw in my "Search Keywords" list the following entire phrase:
“vader was framed t shirt explained”


Really? I once mentioned somewhere in a comment that “Vader was framed” is one of my favorite t-shirts (that I’ve seen, not own). That’s very funny to me that someone wants it explained!


So I thought that, on behalf of the non-nerdy-set, who may not understand the humor of “Vader was framed”, I will use my apparently far-reaching platform to explain MY understanding of it! 

First: Don’t overthink it. There’s no secret. We’re not implying some kind of hidden subplot, or ulterior motive from when Quai-gon removed young Anakin from his mother and home planet of Tatooine.
…in fact, the t-shirt might have been out before the prequels. I don’t know.

Second: It’s funny because Darth Vader is the grand-daddy “mother puss-bucket” of wicked bad-guys! Okay, so ultimately he has an 11th-hour conversion. Yippee. The damage has been done. He coldly chokes the guy at the round table who insults him “You don’t frighten us with your sorcerer’s ways…” choke-choke-choke. He kills everyone in his way. He blows up a planet to make a point. I bet he'd kick puppies if there were any around.

Which brings me to, thirdly: I believe that (number 2) counts as “irony”. We are saying Darth Vadar was framed for all the evil things he did, when it is clear that he made the conscious decision to do all that stuff. It's like saying Hitler was framed. Only Star Wars is fiction...or if it's not fiction at least it happened "a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away."
Framed...see?

Now, did you really need the explanation? I’m thinking that this search was made by someone associated with a Star Wars nerd who is trying to taste the kool-aid. Like many of my coworkers who just don’t get it and laugh when I quote the movies. Good for you for trying!

“You will never find a more wretched hive
of scum and villainy.”

So Mr. or Ms. Unique Vader Searcher? I hope I helped illuminate what makes that shirt so funny!

10 comments:

  1. Maybe English was his second language lol... anyway, fun little post all the same - and it was a pleasure to read your step by step explanation. I love saying "Firstly, secondly, thirdly" etc... it's so Indian!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you know, just in case someone else is searching for the same thing!

      Delete
  2. Maybe, just maybe, there are a few people out there that haven't seen the movies. Although, even without having seen the movies, I would think most people would know the basic premise and know full well who Darth Vader is.

    Or maybe they just don't understand sarcasm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, there are a few people out there who don't catch all sarcasm.

      And I know he's not truly THE worst villain, because at the end he has the turn around, and really he only became a villain in a misguided attempt to save the love of his life, but still, while he was...

      ...you know what? Best I shut up now. I could write a dissertation on Star Wars.

      Delete
  3. I thought it was just a nerdy in-joke or a subtle poke at conspiracy theorists.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH! You know, it COULD BE a poke at conspiracy theorists! I'm surprised I didn't think of that! I'm obsessed with conspiracy theorists! I think the conspiracy theorists are trying to take over the world - mind control and identity theft and the medical industry and all that. The conspiracy theorists have combined to make us all paranoid!

      Delete
    2. If I go to a party where I only know one or two people, I will ultimately find the conspiracy theorist nut in the room. They shit me to tears.

      Delete
    3. I have no tolerance for it. Well, that's not completely true. I find it ludicrous and will freely make fun of it.

      Delete
  4. Love!

    If you recall, a couple months ago I did a series of posts that contained things that resulted in me getting flagged. You do not even want to know the weird and disturbing search terms that were leading people to my blog in the weeks that followed. I was getting a little disgusted with humanity. Come to think of it, if someone needs Vader was Framed explained, I might still be...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think there might be a future for me in posting blogs that directly answer the searches that lead people to me.

      Delete

I enjoy a good debate. Feel free to shake things up. Tell me I'm wrong. Ask me why I have such a weird opinion. ...or, just laugh and tell how this relates to you and your life.