29 September, 2018

Wednesday Medley

So here's something new: Terri, over HERE, started the Wednesday Medley, not an actual linkup, but a good prompt to get the blogging juices flowing. Just what I need today, even though it's Saturday.

Feel free to share your own answers in the comments, or in your blog. If you've done it already, comment with your link!


1. If you didn’t have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time? 
Sick as it is, I'd probably clean. We moved from about 40 square meters up to 145. I have four bathrooms! And living in the tropics, housework is hot work, so it would be awesome to be able to clean during the cooler nights.
They're big bathrooms, too. Except the powder room.
2. What’s your favorite piece of clothing you own/owned? 
Right now, I've gotten into loose, flowy dresses. Never a fan of dresses before, I found that shorts are just awful to wear in the Vietnam summer. I currently have three dresses that - while perhaps not flattering to the figure - keep me cool in the heat. 

3. What hobby would you get into if time and money weren’t an issue?
If time and money weren't an issue, I'd buy a kayak and pay for storage near the beach. I've never been able to justify the expense of a kayak, but when I've done it, I enjoyed it and I'm pretty good at it! 

4. What would your perfect room look like? (You can post a picture.)

Image from Pinterest: Carlaaston.com
Something like this ^^. I miss my books, most of which I got rid of, and the few boxes I kept are being held by my sister against our future return to the US. 

5. When was the last time you climbed a tree? 
I have a feeling I did it at least once in college. I'm still tempted to, when I see a climb-able tree. 

6. Tell us something you will do/did today. 
Brett and I are going to try out a new restaurant tonight. We haven't decided which, but it's a choice of a Mexican restaurant he just heard about or a place he saw this morning that boasts a wide selection of craft beer. (If you click the link in his name, you can read about what we did yesterday.)

What about you - big weekend plans? 

13 comments:

  1. My big weekend plans consist(ed) of a run to the farmers market (HIGHLY successful!), a little yardwork, and some binge-cooking. (Gotta get to that produce while it's still fresh, don'cha know.)
    :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet it's hard not to have your books with you. I hope you find your windfall so you can get your kayak with storage near the beach. LOL Have a great weekend. Ours is cool and rainy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rain came yesterday (Sunday) just a bit, but today qualifies as a solidly rainy day.
      I am glad to have e-readers. I can't believe I said that, but that makes any book transportable!

      Delete
  3. I decided to write on this too. Our answers are very different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA! That's why we're so perfect together.

      Delete
  4. I don't think I've ever climbed a tree. I was way too acrophobic as a kid, and now I couldn't even if I wanted to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a sugar maple out back when I was little, and the lowest branch was the perfect height for me to just get my hands around if I jumped. I was up there... a LOT.

      Delete
    2. Ours was a willow... and yeah. A lot.
      (Sorry for highjacking your comment, Liz!) (she says, doing it anyway...)
      :-)

      Delete
  5. I don't think I have ever climbed a tree either. I have three bathrooms in my house (ridiculous for just one person) but I use them all!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. Me too. I do not use the one that is in Brett's office, but the other three, yep. Whichever is closest!

      Delete
  6. If I didn't have to sleep I'd like to say I'd spend the time reading but I know how life is. Other obligations would creep in and fill up all the spare time.
    Also ever since I learned that there's such a thing as blackboard paint (I never wondered how blackboards were made) I've been obsessed with having a room with one big blackboard wall. Although I probably wouldn't be tall enough to reach the top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you know there's whiteboard paint, too? When they built new offices into the empty wing of my Indy boss, that's what they used on the two main offices.
      Not for whole walls though. Just a large section that they framed off to make it neat.

      Delete

I enjoy a good debate. Feel free to shake things up. Tell me I'm wrong. Ask me why I have such a weird opinion. ...or, just laugh and tell how this relates to you and your life.