I still feel like I'm just getting my blog going again. I have a few regular followers, but am not nearly as active in the Blogo-sphere, so haven't found a lot of connection this time around. Imagine my surprise when I was nominated for an award by one of my new favorite bloggers - Isa-Lee Wolf at A Bit To Read, who also (in addition to blogging) writes fantastically odd fiction! You should check her out. Her blog varies in themes, but is
It is lovely (or lover-ly) to be appreciated by new followers. I will provide the rules accompanying this award, but may not follow them 100%. I will explain.
The guidelines state:
- Thank the blogger nominator and link back to them.
- Let us get to know you in 7-15 fun facts about you!
- Share the blog by nominating 9-15 bloggers for the award and let them know!
First, a few things about me:
1. I met my husband Brett through blogging. True story! There's a separate tab at the top of my blog that links to our beginnings, but it desperately needs updated.
2. Hubs - aka "pantster" (flies by the seat of, not pulls down) - and I are moving to China in just a couple months.
3. I am an Incredibly private person. The fact that my blog is anonymous is just the tip of the mountain.
4. Growing up with 4 siblings, then attending boarding school, all equated to having very little privacy. Probably the cause of No. 3.
5. I have dealt with depression in the past. Maybe in the future, too. I've realized that depression, like alcoholism, is just something you deal with day by day. You never know what the next trigger may be.
6. I have never confessed my depression in writing before.
7. I don't do birthdays. Well, I don't do mine. I will happily celebrate yours. There's a funny story about my first birthday after Brett and I started dating. Ha.
8. I don't do Valentines Day either. My rant about that started my romance with Brett. Check out the comments in that post.
9. I'm linking these statements to a bunch of old posts because my blog took about a 4-year hiatus after I moved to the Midwest.
Now the hard part. How many blogs do I follow that deserve the prestigious One Lovely Blog award???
The Transformed Non-conformist, of course. I married him. He is absolutely lovely. The blog is somewhat inactive of late, but he'll pick it back up. He's just working nights and prepping for a GIANT move. (He's also received this before, so I don't know if he'll participate.)
I'd say A Beer For the Shower, who've been on my blogroll almost since the beginning, but they're not really "lovely" so much as FUNNY... and probably don't respond to award nominations, because they have a pretty defined format. (they're worth following)
The Lovely Simulacrum, for sure. I mean, "lovely" is right in the title! I followed her in my earlier blog existence, before she had her little one, and she still posts interesting, usually quick tales about life in her sphere.
Smidgens, Snippets and Bits is a blog I found during The A-to-Z Challenge, and "lovely" is a very good description. I read her blog regularly because I find it relaxing. Like talking to an old friend. And she's responsive, which is nice.
Finally I have to nominate Zen & Pi. I found her during A-to-Z, too, and canNOT wait for her book to be published. During A-to-Z, she was writing flash fiction and it was... addictive. So. Awesome. Every day was different, sometimes leaving you wanting more, sometimes bringing you to tears. So good. Not exactly "lovely" again, but worth a recommendation.
So there you have it. All of the above may take this as a nomination if you like, or just consider it a compliment and not worry about the rules. I love you, one and all!