09 June, 2021

Morning Chit-Chat

Hubs came out of the bedroom this morning as I was laughing out loud at a book I'm reading. He looked at me, confused.

Him: Don't you have language lessons today?

Me: Nope. Tomorrow.

Him: Is it always tomorrow?
 
Me: Every Thursday. [Vietnamese class 8:45-9:45, Mandarin 10:00-11:00] But I didn't do much homework this week, so tomorrow won't be good. [You know, inertia, etc.]

Him: You have all day!
 
Me: For what?
 
Him: For homework!
 
Me: That's not a very positive thought!
 
Him: I know both your teachers on social media. I could tell on you.
 
Me: I wish you would.
 
...Because doesn't an excuse always feel more valid when someone else makes it for you? 
 
I do practice my languages each day. For both, I have books in the language that I am trying to make sense of, or memorize bits of, or glean new vocab from. But the specific review of the past lesson, completing an assignment, all that? Nope. Not last week.
 
The thing is, I'm not doing this for a grade. I'm doing it for life. For my own learning. I value the homework, and feel great when I'm prepared, but honestly, if I have nothing done, we'll still talk in the language, review something. Especially with books around, I can ask questions. 
 
Maybe I'll do some homework later today, maybe not. But the classes will be just fine. 

4 comments:

  1. You'll get done what you need to get done. And this mood too shall pass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will! Blogging a little more helps. And my teachers are great. My two classes this morning were both good. Fun, even!

      Delete
  2. I'm telling if it happens again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It happens a lot... I guess I won't tell you, then!

      Delete

I enjoy a good debate. Feel free to shake things up. Tell me I'm wrong. Ask me why I have such a weird opinion. ...or, just laugh and tell how this relates to you and your life.