Today I'm participating in the Wednesday Hodgepodge, at From This Side of the Pond. If you'd care to join me in this blog-hop, click the link below the picture.
1. What's something in your house you'd like to get rid of but can't?
The white bedding. I have others stored, but the bedding is included with the 2x weekly cleaning, so it stays. I've gotten makeup on it, and just the other day I killed a bug that smeared BLOOD right in the middle of the duvet! Yuck. Who uses white bedding anymore?
2. When is the last time you experienced a sense of nostalgia? Elaborate.
Thanks to Facebook, quite often. But I don't really have close friends to talk to "about the old days" - they are all so far away we stay in touch through social media. I think without someone to talk about the nostalgia, nostalgia passes pretty quickly.
3. You're only allowed three apps on your smart phone or tablet...which three do you keep?
My Bible app, Sudoku (maybe Brain Yoga, actually. It's a toss-up), and GPS. If GPS doesn't count against my 3 apps because the phone came with it, then I'd choose Instagram. A lot of apps can be done on a computer or piece of paper, but Instagram requires a smart phone or tablet!
4. July 11th is National Blueberry Muffin Day. Who knew? Do you like blueberry muffins? If you were going to have a muffin would blueberry be your choice? What's the last thing you baked?
Blueberry muffins are, perhaps, my least favorite muffin. Lemon Poppyseed, or orange-cranberry, or apple-bran are all more flavorful than blueberry, to me. However, I'll happily eat a plate of blueberry pancakes!
I haven't had an oven in two years. I cannot remember what I last baked, but it was probably scones of some sort. I'll take any scone over any muffin almost any day! (unless it's red bean - which I've seen in Starbucks in Beijing.)
5. What's the biggest way you've changed since you were a child? In what way are you still the same?
I'm much more open-minded now; more accepting. I also have a better understanding of some issues I had as a kid. I still love Asia and geography, and I'm still an avid reader.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
I titled this "Purging Hodgepodge" because it purges something from my home, many things from my phone, and memories. Maybe there's a better way to connect these questions, but that was the first thing that came to my mind.