19 May, 2019

Party 'Til It Hurts!

Yesterday was the one year anniversary of a cool hang out near the beach, and they were celebrating with free beer from their vendors! We know the musician scheduled for the first slot (1-4) so we went early, in the heat of the day. (Also figured that way they wouldn't run out of beer while we were there.)


When we got there, it turned out their wine vendor had also supplied a case of free wine for their "birthday". Yeeha! It was a drinking day, for sure. 

Sunny and 100°? Pour me another, thank you! 


A glass of wine, a few beers, more wine, more beer and some of the fries Brett had ordered.


The fries were amazing - or maybe I was that hungry. I hadn't eaten much that morning. Oops!

Now, I am not a social person by nature, but I was having fun! We saw several expats we know from the area, and met others who are traveling through. I had an engaging conversation with an Aussie biologist who was sporting multiple Star Wars tattoos.

This was still early afternoon. Party just picking up.
Our friend is on the guitar, wearing the balloon hat..

After a few hours of this (our friend's set had ended and some other musicians were playing, so it was certainly after 4:00) we were ready to leave. I'd been up and down several times, refilling, meeting people, but I guess I'd been sitting for a while by the time we left, because I felt the buzz when I stood up. 

You know how it goes. 
No problem. 

Brett was driving, all I had to do was sit on the back of the motorbike. Sitting was not a problem.

Balance was. 
We had parked across the street in the sand and gravel at the base of a bunch of palm trees. As I lifted one leg to climb on, my inner ear forgot to do its job and I collapsed in a heap on the gravel.

Yeah. 
That's why I'm not social. Bad things happen. I don't party much, but when I do I party 'til it hurts! Hangover, physical injury. Same story, different day.

P.S. Stories like this are why my blog is anonymous and family isn't invited. Years ago, on my first blog, my mom read a story like this and decided she didn't want to know that kind of thing about her daughter. So I now staunchly protect my family from the truth by not sharing it with them.

7 comments:

  1. ROFLOL!! Someday I will tell you my Newcastle beer story when we were at Sturgis. And yes, I should have known better at over 60 y/o. LOL! Keep living life to the fullest!!

    PS. We started our blog for our family & close friends (my original was started in 2006). None of them read it...but old school chums, RVing friends, former co-workers and a few local/newer friends do.

    DB McNicol
    author, traveler, shutterbug
    Author Blog
    Personal Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. And for some reason your hands always get the worst of it. Same story in Utah. Minus the alcohol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true! But on the plus side, I've never broken a bone.

      Delete
  3. Whoops. Sounds like it was pretty funny, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was laughing. Of course, when something like that happens in full view of a bar full of people, you have to laugh or it's just sad.

      Delete
  4. Normally I'm a very sympathetic guy. Even when the injury is small I'm compassionate. However you got to hang out with your guitar-playing balloon-hat wearing friend and drink a lot of beer, and the envy has overwhelmed my sense of sympathy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah. It was a good day. I haven't been fall-down drunk in a long time!

      Delete

I enjoy a good debate. Feel free to shake things up. Tell me I'm wrong. Ask me why I have such a weird opinion. ...or, just laugh and tell how this relates to you and your life.