05 May, 2022

Reflections on #AtoZChallenge 2022

This year A-to-Z was a unique challenge for me. I decided to enter it at the last minute, and I didn't have a theme. Besides which, life events got a little crazier than I intended. I still got all my posts up, but I was woefully inadequate at visiting blogs. More on that later.

What would I like to see changed in the set up?

I would like to see a tab for what format is used. (That might be the wrong word. What do you call them: blogger, wordpress... others like that.) Wordpress causes me no end of trouble, and I could not comment on a single Wordpress blog. (Don't tell me how to fix it. For me to fix my issue involves another situation I cannot resolve without causing trouble on a shared blog.) A heads up that someone is using a format that I can't interact with would save me time.

Will I be back for another A-to-Z?

Of course! I already know what my theme will be for next year. I had success with flash fiction in previous years. This year I was behind the eight-ball and had too many things going on to focus on it, but I want to get back to it... with a twist. 

How was interaction with other bloggers?

I feel that I have made new blogging friends this year. There are a few blogs that I found and returned to somewhat regularly. There were many blogs I visited but couldn't comment, so they have no idea that I was there. 

I had good intentions of focusing on visiting more blogs this year. That's part of the reason I decided not to do flash fiction. But with a major life event on the imminent horizon, daily tasks accelerated to a point where I am very proud to have even written 26 posts and responded to all the comments! That said, please know that I am holding onto the registry list, and will visit all of the blogs. If yours is not a Wordpress blog, you may well get a comment months from now with "visiting belatedly from A to Z"! 

That's it really. I'm incredibly grateful to all those who visited and commented on my posts this month, especially since I was so poor at reciprocating. The good news is, my June should be a bit more open and I hope to remedy my poor behavior.

22 comments:

  1. Short sweet and apt post ! I share ur pain about commenting on wordpress blogs - ITS A PAIN ! every one went and commented on my old wordpress posts even after leaving a blogger link. they say u can comment from any account but actually I Couldnt ! STILL I Spent so much time . I Wish commenting was easy. anyway was great knowing u!

    good luck with ur school <3 All the best

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one with this trouble!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on finishing the challenge! Tech isn't my strong point, but what if you're logged out of all accounts and just fill in the comment box stuff with your blog URL and your name? I know a lot of self-hosted sites have this option, so maybe Wordpress sites do, too. I know, I know, you said you don't want advice, but I just can't help myself :-)

    Ronel visiting for A-Z Challenge Reflections 2022

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to try that sometime, but when I'm commenting, I'm only ever logged in from this blog, but any wordpress account wants to switch my ID over to the shared blog I work with.

      Delete
  3. Sometimes April really is at the wrong time of the year. It's hard with all the things going on to really do the blog hop justice sometimes. That's why they do the roadtrip. It's easier to get to all those blogs you couldn't get to during the summer (and the rest of the year).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And as you know, my blogging presence has not been very active for years. I have good intentions this year!

      Delete
  4. Blogger and Wordpress have never like each other. That's why hyperlinks are so helpful. Otherwise you spin your wheels in frustration.
    Glad you enjoyed the month.
    Reflections

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I just feel accomplished to have done it. Congrats to you, too!

      Delete
  5. Well done for finishing. Lots of people seem to have struggled a bit this year (me included) with getting their own posts done and finding time to visit other bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so relieved to know I'm not alone.

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on completing the challenge! Glad to hear you have a theme already figured out for next year too.

    --
    Tim Brannan
    The Other Side | The A to Z of Conspiracy Theories

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on finishing and also for commenting on my wordpress blog! I'm glad you were able. I used to have a blogger blog so I have both personas to comment from and works for me.
    https://findingeliza.com/archives/36063

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did I? Good for me! Sometimes I'm allowed to use my twitter handle and still post on wordpress, but this year it was infrequent. Unfortunately, my wordpress blog is a shared blog and then the comment won't actually link to me. >shrugs<

      Delete
  8. Thanks for stopping by my A to Z blog reflection, and congrats on finishing your own A to Z despite a certain amount of craziness in the month. Fly that nerd flag proudly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'll be getting back into my Friday Flash Fiction beginning ... TODAY!

      Delete
  9. Thank you for stopping by my A to Z reflection post. I know I have been to your blog here and there during previous A to Zs and I totally understand the "I'm getting here late" thing. And congratulations for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recognize your name even from this year's AtoZ, so I'm sure I returned the favor, but probably only the once. Even though I keep a list of "go back and visit again"... I don't always get there during the month. Now is a new opportunity!

      Delete
  10. Blogger, wordpress and others are platforms, at least as far as I know. I have no issues with commenting on other blogs but there are wordpress blogs that requires signing in to comment and I can't sign in. I think bloggers should say what type of comment system they have. For example, some people uses disqus which I don't use and sort of hate and I have no account for that and it's difficult trying to comment if you don't have an account.

    I also had thought I would visit a lot of bloggers but I didn't. Sometimes it's hard to get the patience to comment.

    Congrats on finishing the A-Z challenge.

    Thank you for your visit to my blog. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Platforms! Thank you! I hate when I can't think of the word I need.

      Delete
  11. Red, thanks for the belated visit, and apologies for my equally belated comment moderation. Catching up on your blog as well.

    Best of luck with the school!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy a good debate. Feel free to shake things up. Tell me I'm wrong. Ask me why I have such a weird opinion. ...or, just laugh and tell how this relates to you and your life.