09 November, 2022

Tuesday Trials - Wednesday Edition

"Insomnia Energy"

That's my new phrase that I just coined yesterday.

Have you ever had insomnia so bad for days and days, and each morning you tell yourself, "It's fine - I'll take a nap later," but then later comes and you just... Don't?

Insomnia Energy.

You go through your day as usual, not dragging, maybe even amped up. Then at night it happens again and the next morning you think, "Well, maybe I'll nap today," but you still just ... Don't?

Insomnia Energy.

For over a week now I've been running on 3-5 hours of sleep a night, and occasionally on those days I might doze for a half-hour or so while reading a book in the afternoon. I feel tired in the evening, but then don't sleep properly. (No stress, just an old injury from a car accident flaring up.)

Meanwhile, I'm getting over 2,000 words every day for Nanowrimo. I go walking or riding to the store or a coffee shop as usual. Keep the house clean. Life is just ... normal! Like the sleep deprivation isn't even happening at all!

I wonder how long this will last...



2 comments:

  1. No, sorry, can't say I've ever experienced that. I used to have trouble sleeping. Falling asleep used to take hours, and that was on a normal night. But not lately.

    I hope you get some sleep soon. I don't think that's good for you. But, it sounds like you're getting some sleep. Some sleep is better than no sleep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The night after writing this, I got two solid chunks of 2.5 hour sleep. It's slowly getting better. Being mindful of my shoulder so that it can heal will help.

      Delete

I enjoy a good debate. Feel free to shake things up. Tell me I'm wrong. Ask me why I have such a weird opinion. ...or, just laugh and tell how this relates to you and your life.