21 June, 2022

Tuesday Tirade

I am livid.

I recently joined a writing group, and found that I enjoy it. It's nice to write and getting immediate feedback. So I've been regular there for three weeks.

Yesterday, one woman - I'll call her Karen - came in and announced that her daughter has Covid. Her grown adult daughter who lives with her. The daughter had tested positive a week ago, but Karen had not gone to get tested yet. I don't know why not.

Two of us put on masks after hearing that, but no one left. In my mind, I was thinking, "This is a responsible adult. I know they have a large, 3-bedroom house. Maybe the daughter is self-isolating. Because surely she wouldn't come to the group otherwise."

Tonight, she posted in the groups chat that she has Covid.

Livid!

I believe Covid has a 3-day incubation period. (Yes? No?) So on Thursday I'll go get tested. I pray that I will be negative. I wore my mask, except for when I was taking a drink of coffee or water. I hope it was enough. But that was yesterday. If it wasn't enough, it's too late now!

Livid! Who does that? Irresponsible, careless people, that's who.

6 comments:

  1. That's rough! Wishing you luck and a sturdy immune system.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. For today I'm bleaching everything and staying as far away from my husband as I can.

      Delete
  2. I hate people! I really hate people who don't think about anybody around them.

    Good luck on the test, hope it's a negative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully being fully vaccinated, plus wearing a mask, plus having recently had Covid (for antibodies) will all result in a negative test.

      Delete
  3. Nowadays? Everyone. Yup, everyone has gotten to the point where they believe it's "over", so they don't take any precautions. And everyone else just has to deal with it. It's why I still wear my mask just about everywhere. Will it help? *shrugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since writing this I have had time to consider that maybe she and her daughter were *trying* to be careful but slipped up somewhere. Still, I wouldn't be going to a social group if my husband had it, no matter how careful we were.

      Delete

I enjoy a good debate. Feel free to shake things up. Tell me I'm wrong. Ask me why I have such a weird opinion. ...or, just laugh and tell how this relates to you and your life.