08 April, 2020

Food #AtoZChallenge

What are you eating these days?
(We've had some internet issues, so I'm keeping this short and sweet.)

The main change for us is that we can't go out to eat. Here's a picture of the last thing I ate in a restaurant:
March 12, 2020

That same restaurant was a good place for me to go to write. A few days after that meal, I was sitting there to read and write.


Beer, nook, facemask.
I wore a mask whenever the waiter came by. I was the only one there at first.

Then a trio of guys came in. They sat at the far side of the restaurant, so no worries. Another table was seated well behind me. But when this guy came in...
...I decided that was close enough. I finished my beer, paid and left.


Now, we eat in. Vietnam has officially closed all restaurants, except for delivery. That began on April 1, and is scheduled for two weeks, but may be extended.

In addition to delivery, our landlords have been randomly bringing over food.






Meals, snacks, and my favorite:


Coconut Coffee.

Mostly, we cook in, with occasional delivery. But our landlords are making sure we have food, too. We know we have it good.


How have your eating habits changed since all this self-isolation?

8 comments:

  1. We've eaten in a lot more but we do occasionally go out. Maybe once a week we'll hit someplace offering drive thru or curbside so we don't have to get out of the car. Before all this, we probably ate out a few times a week, especially the weekends.

    Happy to here you all are safe, sounds like your country is on the ball with this thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, we used to eat out once or twice a week.

      Vietnam learned fast during the last bird flu thing that came out of China. They do not mess around anymore.

      Delete
  2. coconut coffee? Sounds delish. I had egg coffee when I was in hanoi... i miss it.

    i'm eating the same stuff we normally eat. not much change for me there. Only, no more dinner dates with BIKSS.

    the restaurants are all take-out only now, and a lot of the smaller shops have just closed altogether.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hubs loves Egg Coffee. I haven't tried it.

      Here, most people get most of their groceries from the little shops, so they are considered essential. Thank God!

      Delete
  3. My eating habits haven't changed at all. I rarely ate out. And I've been able to get things at the store that I usually get, so business as usual for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess my changes have been the same as yours. Cooking the same stuff I did before. Just much more often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do believe we are going to the market less. So, less fresh fruits and vegetables.
      Oh wait, that doesn't effect you so much, does it? (haha)

      Delete

I enjoy a good debate. Feel free to shake things up. Tell me I'm wrong. Ask me why I have such a weird opinion. ...or, just laugh and tell how this relates to you and your life.