13 April, 2020

Kicking Myself #AtoZChallenge

I'm Kicking myself today.

It's Easter Sunday in Vietnam as I write this, and I'm completely unprepared. I knew today would be Easter. I even tried a new "mandarin orange" flavored Kit-kat earlier in the week, thinking that if I liked it, I 'd go back and get the box. (They seem to be a special release thing: minis sold in a pretty gold box.)

But these days, staying in is the norm, and going out just to get one thing seems superfluous. So I waited.

And now it's Easter, and there's no chocolate in the house.

I found that there was still some nutella in the bottom of the jar, so for breakfast I spread nutella on a couple "Digestive biscuits" (I think Digestives are a British thing?). They will have to suffice for Easter chocolate. 

I could have bought not just chocolate, but all kinds of goodies! Had I thought about it, I might have splurged on apples at the market when we went on Friday. Kicking myself.

I mean, I have a mango, pineapple, passion fruit. All good sweet treats, but nothing special.

Kicking myself for forgotten items when out shopping on Friday.

How are you handling shopping these days? Do you keep a continual list so that nothing is forgotten? Or do you just go out anytime you need to regardless of how much or little you are buying? Why do I feel guilty to go out for one or two things? Do you get that, too?

4 comments:

  1. Well, we are not allowed here in France to go shoping everyday, except for bread of course ;) French people can't live without fresh baguette. My husband does the shopping (and cooking so he knows what to buy), and he find great to go shopping once every 2 weeks.
    Enjoy your mango!
    K is for Kaleidoscope

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Each country is different. I think Vietnam closed their borders early enough that we can be slightly relaxed. Still no gatherings. Still many guards checking if you cross a highway to see what necessity you are chasing!
      Enjoy your baguette!

      Delete
  2. I have things I will go out for and things I won't. The last grocery trip, I needed milk. That was it. I mean, I bought way more than that, but milk was what prompted the trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. There are certain things that will prompt a trip. Otherwise, we try to do a once-a-week run around - fresh market, small grocery, maybe the special grocery with western stuff. Like cheese. And sausage. Necessities. ;)

      Delete

I enjoy a good debate. Feel free to shake things up. Tell me I'm wrong. Ask me why I have such a weird opinion. ...or, just laugh and tell how this relates to you and your life.